Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Best Tofu Scramble...yes, TOFU!!!!

The Best Tofu Scramble with Smart "Bacon" (Picture by: Callen Rhoads)
I too used to be one of those people who would stick my nose up to tofu. In fact, until recently, I didn't know why people liked it so much.  But honestly, I think the biggest reason people think it's disgusting is because it hasn't been cooked properly or they just won't try it! All it is is ground up soy beans for heavens sake! It's not disgusting. It's healhier than the eggs or meat you normally eat...and trust me, this recipe will make you want more (tofu)!!!

This recipe WILL change your mind. It changed mine!. I can't wait for Jake to get home so he can try it as well.

Here is the recipe. Best Tofu Scramble

In the recipe it calls for "Tamari." You can use soy sauce instead. If you don't have "Nutritional  Yeast" you can omit it. If you want to know where to find nutritional yeast you can get it at most health food stores. It's in a bottle that looks like parmesean cheese. I got mine at Earth Origins in Port Charlotte (next to Office Depot). You can also use nutritional yeast in place of parmesean cheese and on your popcorn for a "cheesy" flavor.

I also made some "bacon" to go with my "eggs."

I used the brand, "Smart Bacon." You can get this at Publix or most health food stores. I've tried the tempeh "bacon" and did not like it at all. This brand is really good though!

To make your bacon taste more like bacon put a little salt and agave syrup on top of it after cooking it. It has more of a "maple" taste. Of course you could use brown sugar or real maple syrup as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment