Monday, February 18, 2013

So What Do You Eat???

I get this question ALL time time. So I thought I'd give some examples of what I eat on an ordinary day in my life.

Breakfast:
* Oatmeal with Vega nutritional protein powder.
AND
*Black ice coffee with almond milk
or
*Protein shake with a banana or berries
AND
*Black ice coffee with almond milk
or
*toast and peanut or almond butter with banana
AND
*Black ice coffee with almond milk



Snacks:
*almonds
or
*hummus with raw veggies
or
*edamame
or
*apple


Lunch:
*Any one of the meals I have made on this blog. (Hello leftovers. :) )
or
*veggie sandwich or tofurky wrap
or
*veggie salad with edamame and/or black beans and balsamic vinegar
or
*vegan soup (black bean, lentil, veggie, etc..)
or
*Mock chicken salad, quinoa salad, mock egg salad, or tofu salad (All of these salads are from Earth Origins by Lowe's in Port Charlotte)

Snacks:
*almonds
or
*apple with peanut or almond butter

After working out:
*VEGA chocolate sport protein shake with water.

Dinner:

*Marinated baked Tofu (buffalo, bbq, etc..) with roasted or grilled veggies
*spaghetti squash with veggies, tofu or lentils, and veggies
*regular spaghetti with veggies
*veggie tacos
*taco salad
*burrito with beans, rice, and veggies
*veggie stir fry with tofu or edamame
*veggie chili
*veggie pizza without cheese
*Vegan Lasagna
*Stuffed Squash
*Stuffed mushroom
*veggie and tofu kabobs
*veggie burger
....I could seriously go on forever but I'm going to stop now!!



If I wanted to...I COULD also eat:

*Potato chips
*oreos
*soy or coconut milk ice cream
*chocolate chip teddy grahams (yes, they are vegan!!!)
*most pretzels
*most of the "Back to Nature" cookies
*popcorn
*bagel (a lot of bagels and breads are actually vegan)
*tortilla chips and salsa or guacamole.


When I'm out to eat I will be honest and say it CAN get tricky, but I can find something vegan at pretty much EVERY restaurant. There might not be many options, but the options they do have are usually a lot healthier than if you were eating something non-vegan.

*Jason's Deli: Salad bar or veggie sandwich without cheese and vegetarian soups without cheese

*Moes or Tijuana Flats: veggie burrito with rice, beans, veggies, and tofu (if available). OR veggie salad

*Outback Steakhouse: Veggie Trio without butter (I usually pick two of the veggies and a plain
baked potato) AND I get a side salad with their tangy tomato dressing. YUM.

*Ruby Tuesday: Veggie trio without butter and their salad bar.

*Subway and/or Obees: Salad or Sub on white bread with veggies and mustard

*Panera Bread: Vegetarian Sandwich without cheese and a salad or black bean soup.












No comments:

Post a Comment