Friday, January 10, 2014

Raw Vegan Zucchini "Alfredo"

A couple of weeks ago Jake brought me home a raw vegan dish from Roaming in the Raw at  the Englewood Farmer's Market. It happened to be Raw Zucchini Alfredo. I was seriously in LOVE. I had never had zucchini noodles and I now had to buy a spiralizer. I went on Amazon and bought the Spirooli Spiralizer ($22). Today was my first attempt at making Raw Zucchini Alfredo. I was pleasantly surprised! I went to follow a recipe from Choosing Raw.Com and ended up changing up the recipe a bit because I did not have the miso and I felt that the Alfredo sauce was a bit too lemony for me.

I added nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and a bit more salt to the Alfredo sauce. I also used zucchini and carrot "noodles" only. I did not add the other veggies listed in their recipe. I did however add mushrooms to my dish.

This was seriously the easiest recipe to make!  I know many of you have never tried raw zucchini and carrot noodles as well, so I wanted to share this with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment