Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Easy Asian Slaw

Picture and recipe by: Callen Rhoads

I first found a similar asian slaw at Sam's club. It was all prepackaged and you just had to mix it all together.  After trying the prepacked slaw at Sam's, I decided to try and make my own. It seemed easy enough and it was so delicious! (I was seriously eating it every day for about two weeks! Ha!) That was about 6 months ago. Today I was at publix and started to crave it! Well, here is my version of easy asian slaw. I literally ate almost half of it for dinner tonight. Oops. ha ha.

BTW...this is a great healthy salad dish to bring to parties. Just thought I'd throw that in there! :)


Easy Asian Slaw

1 16oz package of shredded cabbage/coleslaw mix

1/4-1/2 cup Drew's Sesame Orange Dressing
(I found it by the natural dressings in Publix. However, Walmart has a store brand called, "Sesame Ginger Dressing" that is by the produce that is also Vegan).

1 Tbs Agave Syrup
(I used Raw Agave Syrup, but any kind will work. Omit this if using the walmart brand Sesame Ginger Dressing. It is sweet enough without the syrup)

1/2-1 cup La Choy Chow Mein Noodles

1/4 cup oven roasted sliced almonds
(I used the brand, "Almond Accents." They are by the produce too!)

Mix Together and Serve Immediately. It's that EASY!!!
If you want to prepare this overnight, make sure to omit the Chow Mein Noodles and Almonds and add those just before serving. :)


**If you noticed I didn't put exact measurements on most of the ingredients. That's because I just eye everything and taste as I go along so it's to my liking. I would suggest using the smaller amount first, then taste and add more if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment